Friday, June 02, 2006

Time flies and so do I

It's been almost a week since I posted "En-Wrong". What's wrong with me? I've been downright neglectful of this blog.

Very busy week. Jeff and I produced a live event shoot that will eventually become podcasted material.

Software manufacturer Autodesk held a Speaker's Forum to celebrate the launch of the PBS Series Design:E2.



BrightRED Pictures (our new media company) produced video podcasts for the series (excellent example of using web media as ancillary content to support media properties - I'll post some of them next week, once they launch), and the producers had us do the event as well.

We really took the idea of committing to shooting for the small screen to the next level - very close in, visually interesting shots. I'm looking forward to posting some screen shots up here next week. I was happy with the way it turned out. We also played with a steadycam, which was a ton of fun.

So between the event shoot and getting the video podcasts for the series mastered, the week just kind of flew by. The summer is letting us know it's here with some pretty miserable NYC days, and the local papers have been working themselves into a frenzy about Chertoff's politically stupid decision to slash terror funding in half for NYC.

But while we're on the subject of NY, my favorite local story of the week was State Comptroller sticking his foot in his mouth trying to compliment Sen. Charles Schumer. He told the graduating class of Queens College that Schumer would like to shoot President Bush between the eyes.

Ah, the political season has begun. Check out this NY1 clip on the story - love the last line:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home