Friday, July 21, 2006

Brilliant!...

technorati tags: , , , ,


This is a long time in coming, and I think it will be a huge success. I still buy cd's, and so do most of my friends, because of lame DRM's. This would eliminate the only barrier to an all digital system for me.

Besides, Fred over at A VC's got to be smiling!

Yahoo sells Jessica Simpson single sans DRM | CNET News.com:

Yahoo announced Wednesday that it is selling Jessica Simpson's latest single in MP3 format--in other words, with none of the usual copyright protection coding.

Because the song, a party-pop track called 'A Public Affair,' has no digital rights management (DRM) protection coded into it, it will be compatible with just about every type of digital music player, from the iPod to the iRiver, as well as with film- and music-editing programs that may not have been able to read DRM-encoded files.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool idea but shame Jessica Simpson sucks ass...

3:00 PM  
Blogger T. said...

I did a blog post about this. I'm torn on what to do. They claim this is a test to see how popular the idea will be, and I want it to take off, but at the same time I refuse to put any money in Simpson's pocket for that crappy song.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Adam Elend said...

My take on that: buy the mp3.

The power of your dollar to influence the mp3 rights model is much greater than the power of your dollar to make Jessica rich.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home