Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey for you, Turkey for me...


Well, actually, chicken.

I'm enjoying a Thanksgiving feast with close friends here in Sunnyside, and due to oven size issues, we're eating the wrong bird.

How wonderfully rebellious of us, don't you think?

Glad to be among friends in the first city that's really felt like home for Ciara and I. It may be cold and raining, but the Bucs are on at 4, and it's warm inside, so I'm happy - and thankful.

I usually resist cliche's like lists of what I'm thankful for - but I think it's gotten more cliche to resist such cliche's than to give in to them. Plus, it's a good exercise, so here goes:

I'm sooo thankful for my amazing wife who has changed the way I see the world. And for my obstinate dog for keeping me in my place.

I'm thankful that I have a family that's tolerant and supportive and warm and tight-knit. Everyone should have that and most people don't.

I'm thankful that I have a business partner who I want to work with everyday, even after ten years.

And I'm thankful we're working at things that are hard, and that might fail. And that I have the support I need to take that risk.

I'm thankful that people like Howard and the folks at Kontent Real trust me to create work from their vision.

and I'm thankful that it's my job to meet amazing and inspirational people every day, and listen to them.

I'm thankful that I was born in a place where I do not lack nourishment or shelter or opportunity like most of the people in the world do.

and I'm thankful that I'm not the guy huddled under my subway stop right now, trying to keep his legs warm. I know there's probably not much difference between us, other than luck.

Happy Thanksgiving - and thanks for reading.

technorati tags: , , ,








1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you! Though we had turkey (and ham) at Janets, mom was a rebel and took my suggestion to have steak at night.

But I'm glad you're 'home' and can't wait to see you (and my sister) for Christmas. Hopefully, we'll be on our way to our new 'home'.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home