Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pimpin' aint easy (or why I like affiliate marketing)


I'm going to spend a few posts figuring out the angles with affiliate marketing this week...

In recent months, this model is moving from the spambots and pyramid schemers to the content providers - mostly because of Amazon (big surprise).

It's not sexy - I couldn't even find a sexy photo that fits...

But it's got a LOT of merit when you think about ways to monetize content in the web 2.0 marketplace.

Think about it...

Publisher delivers the audience so:

Publisher decides what to pimp.

Publisher knows his brand, so

Publisher decides how to pimp it.

Publisher knows how to communicate with his audience and community so:

His pimping is more valuable ($$$) than regular advertising.

Publisher is busy generating content that draws an audience, so:

Set up is quick, easy and automated - and so are metrics.


Monetizing the trust my audience places in my opinion without degrading that trust or interfering with my content - that's what affiliate marketing can do.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home