Tuesday, August 22, 2006

From the mouth of the Scobleizer

... if a Scobleizer has a mouth...



I’ll tell you what executives from big companies (like Kraft, Procter and Gamble, GM, and others) who were at MSN’s OWN ADVERTISING CONFERENCE told me. An influencer is worth THOUSANDS of times more than a non-influencer.


Advertisers are looking for influential content producers because they get better results just by placing their ads next to the content.

So the advertiser is saying, "yeah, I know Scoble. We hang. He told me he really digs my line of shoes, so you should check them out."

And people are checking out the line of shoes.

Now if instead it was Scoble saying, "Dude, check out these shoes. I picked them out
because I dig them. Here's why..."

The number of people who are checking out those shoes and buying those shoes is going to explode.

Affiliate marketing
programs typically pay btw 10% and 30% commission on a sale. Some pay up to 70%. That makes sense - it's a very valuable service that you're providing.

You don't have to be a product blogger, you need a sphere of influence.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Scoble's taste in clothes sucks - don't buy the shoes he recommends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home