Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Adding the splashcast player





Splashcast has created a product that's pretty cool, and very much in line with the kind of RSS innovation I talk about on this blog.

They grabbed the rss feed from our Wallstrip Youtube channel and created an embeddable Splashcast player. Anyone can do this, grabbing their own videos from sharing sites, or other videos they admire. Then they can add photos (a flickr feed), music, etc. - creating their own rss powered multimedia distribution platform that's easy to embed, email and share.

A lot of smart people say that editors are going to be the real winners in the web entertainment space - people who can weed through all the noise, and aggregate compelling content for their viewers/readers/listeners. Splashcast is out there providing an elegant way to do that.

I've added the Splashcast Wallstrip player to my sidebar so I can play with it and see how it performs. It's serving the same purpose as our Revver widget, and I'm curious how the daily experience will compare.

Stay tuned!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah -- I've seen SplashCast on a few other blogs. Looks like an very cool idea.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jeff Marks said...

I Like the SplachCast! Not as much as Fidel Splashtro though

11:56 AM  
Blogger Marshall Kirkpatrick said...

Thanks for checking it out. Let me know how it goes.

Marshall Kirkpatrick marshall@splashcastmedia.com
Director of Content
SplashCast
http://splashcastmedia.com

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll second Marshall on thanks for checking us out. Wallstrip is just a well produced show. Nice work. Funny -- my cousin was one of the people Lindsay asked to be her valentine. He said no thanks! Unbelievable! What was he thinking?

Alex Williams
Director of Community Development
SplashCast
http://splashcastmedia.com

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home